Burgundy sunflower

Burgundy sunflower
Crescent Moon Designs Henna Art

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Does a work of art have a subject or a spirit?

This is the question for Deep Thought Thursday for Nov 4, 2010 from Alyson B Stanfield's blog, ArtBizBlog: for the business of being an artist.

Of course, there is no one correct answer.  But it does give me pause to think about what I create.  Usually, it's not about anything in particular, but is blank canvas that becomes something when decorated.  A white silk scarf that gets color and pattern or a hand that goes from naked to one with a lacy Moroccan or Indian bridal style creation.  Or it is a collection of ingredients that find themselves arranged into a pie.  Tonight's creation is a pumpkin coconut pie in a graham cracker crust...
Now that's a work of art I can sink my teeth into.... and I think I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment