Burgundy sunflower

Burgundy sunflower
Crescent Moon Designs Henna Art

Monday, December 27, 2010

Two Days after Christmas

And all through the house, the tvs are blaring what newscasters grouse.  The snow has stopped falling, but the winds are so strong.  Three people shovel the walk, but the wind returns the snow along.

It's a mess on Staten Island. 15 inches of snow and falling.  50mph winds and all airports are closed.  It's cold and yucky outside, but at least the snow is pretty -- sparkly and white for the time being.

I do not miss snow.  I like that it's light-reflective and pretty and you can sculpt it...but I dislike the cold, the slush, the shovelling, the difficulty in walking because of snow and ice, and then melting and black ice....give me rain and mud any day.

The topic from #reverb 10 today: Ordinary joy. 

Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year? It's a good day to contemplate joy...  Joy is that the house is full of leftovers so we could be socked in for a week and still have plenty to eat.  Joy is warmth and internet connection.  Joy is hope.  My greatest joy this year is difficult to pin down.  Certainly, the replacement of my arthritic and worn out hips was a major event and the joy of living without debilitating pain is euphoric.  Then there is the joy from creating and my creative energy which was blocked a bit by pain is now fully flowing again.  Since the surgeries, I have learned how to silkscreen, do silk painting, make little do-dads with henna and am rekindling my writing.  I have come to the epiphany that my purpose, my work, must include creativity and self-expression since those are my strengths and to hide them or try to minimize them just makes me miserable.   

Joy comes from living, loving, and creating... be always happy with excellent taste and flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment