Burgundy sunflower

Burgundy sunflower
Crescent Moon Designs Henna Art

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Time keeps on tickin'....

I recently read a blog post on TeeZeeTee about the Human Clock Project.

Remember when there was an installment artist who made a giant calender made up of people looking at each other?
 
This is by artist, Craig Griffen.
Well, he did a human clock a while back with photos of people holding up cards with the time on them. And now he is asking people to draw the time and mail him the postcards.

How could I resist such a challenge?  So I clicked on the link for the humanclock - mail clock and there is a computerized gizmo that gives you a time to draw (you can also click a link if you want to choose a different time for some reason.)  And once you're done drawing, you send it to the humanclock project.  It needs to be received by January 8, 2011, so time is running out.

This is my drawing.  I used henna on paper (naturally, as a henna artist), let it dry and sealed it with Polycrylic.  It smudged a little bit from being rehydrated with the sealant, but I'm pretty happy with it.  I chose the sunflower for my drawing because it is a kind of plant clock, following the path of the sun during the day.  And my assigned time was 3:38.  I signed it on the back.  And off it goes into the mailbox!  It's so cool being part of a large project!

No comments:

Post a Comment