Burgundy sunflower

Burgundy sunflower
Crescent Moon Designs Henna Art

Friday, November 26, 2010

Creative Every Day

I just joined the Creative Every Day Challenge by artist, Leah Piken Kolidas.

The challenge is to do something, anything, creative every day.  Pretty simple concept.  And actually, implementation is easy, too, since being creative is not just about writing or painting or making a work of ART.  It's about attitude and approach.  Yesterday I made a creative Thanksgiving dinner.  It was still within the parameters of a traditional turkey dinner, but due to my Mother's diet restrictions, I was challenged to make it gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, al-dente free.  So I used coconut milk whenever I usually used cream or condensed milk, and I used gluten-free bread for the stuffing.  And I made a gluten-free gingerbread cookie crust for the pumpkin pie -- which wasn't the best, but can be improved on next time.
Close-up of an Aeonium taken by N. Papousek

Today, we went to a native plant garden and I took a photos to serve as inspiration for silk paintings -- or just by themselves.
   
an agave taken by N. Papousek




Being creative every day is going to be a fun adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment