Burgundy sunflower

Burgundy sunflower
Crescent Moon Designs Henna Art

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hipster

I recently went for my 6-week post-surgery check-up and received the "All Clear" to drive again!  Whew.  I am eager to get back to my life again!  The PA said everything was looking good.
This is a photo of the x-ray of my hips.  Surgery done by Dr. Robert Powell.




The surgeon had told me that these replacements weren't the most beautiful surgery he's done, but because my hips were a bit irregular, he had to use parts of different replacement kits so that it all worked for my structure.

I think they're beautiful.  Titanium and blue chromium sockets.  There is no friction now between the head of the femur and the socket.  There is no more deep arthritis pain.  The human body is an amazing structure and medical science is a miracle.

I have no more hip pain.

Ok. I concede that I do have muscle pain, but considering how much the muscles were moved around during the surgery and that some were cut through and have to rebond, my amount of pain is minimal.  I feel so much more energetic now and ready to get back to my regularly scheduled life.  The difficult part is trying not to do too much too soon.  How do I know what is too much?  Obviously, a hike up Cowles Mountain would likely be too much.  But how about dancing at a party?  Hula hooping?  Doing basic exercise videos?  The doctor was vague and said it was better to err on the side of caution.

Well, I've never been one to err on the side of caution.  I won't start training for a marathon, but I am going to make sure that at least 1 mile of exercise is a part of each day and when the music is good, I will dance.

This is my vision of my new hips!

No comments:

Post a Comment