Burgundy sunflower

Burgundy sunflower
Crescent Moon Designs Henna Art

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Platform, schmatform

Sometimes the easiest things to work with are the best.  And although I keep hearing wonderful things about WordPress, and I'm sure it's a wonderful program, I just don't have the skills to work it.  And since this blog ain't broken, I've decided to keep on posting here.

When I have my new and improved website online (ETA 8 weeks -- have to take a course on how to use Dreamweaver and that starts March 16), I'll just try to integrate this blog into my site via link power -- and we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, my website is up and running through liveSite, which is not as easy to use as I had thought and thus although I like the way it looks, it's not as functional as I'd like.  I hope that Dreamweaver will help me fix these issues.

While I'm wrestling with technical details, my creativity seems to have been pushed aside.  I did have the opportunity to provide henna at a local synagogue's gala fundraiser (along with the lovely Tia Daniels, a very talented artist).  That event saved my creative sanity.  After figuratively banging my head against computers (both with Crescent Moon and with adding up long columns of numbers at the day job), it was such a joy to play dress up and draw on such warm and wonderful people.

That is why I continue to do henna, after all, to connect with people through an ancient and tactile artform -- and sometimes the magic really does happen.

2 comments:

  1. Natasha, the above hand looks great! Love your textiles too...is that silk?
    btw, Just finished the 4 Hour Body, I'm down 20 lbs. Good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy,
    Yes, the scarves are silk -- it's a wonderful fabric to work with!

    Congrats on your weight achievement!!! I'm doing a modified version since I really adore breads -- just doing them in whole grain varieties and in small amounts -- down 10 lbs since Jan. The kettleball is the bomb!!!

    ReplyDelete